Thursday, April 24, 2014

Change is coming...

...but not for a little while. At the end of May my lease is up and I'm not staying. The move is going to be ridiculously long...

Just kidding! I'm moving down the hall. I'm moving in with some friends (not the ones that I'm living with now) and we've been planning for months now. All of us are geeks/nerds/whatever term suits your fancy. We got this shower curtain for the bathroom.
We've also thought about making one or two of these this summer. I have a lot of movies (more than 100 DVDs alone) and am running out of place to store them. We also need more space to store food.

Back in January, we were looking at a bigger apartment that would suit 6 people and 2 cats. And we came up with this insane idea that we could turn the living room into a nerd cave. Nerd cave meaning we would hall all five of our game systems hooked up to its own tv and posters and movies everywhere. But we couldn't find a reasonably priced apartment that suited our needs so we ended up in two apartments in the same building, just down the hall from each other. We can still turn our apartments into nerd caves, but it won't be the same :(

My mom is also moving to a smaller house soon, so I have lots of cleaning and packing to do before the summer arrives. It's exciting, but sad at the same time. My mom is moving out of my childhood home, so it's exciting but bittersweet at the same time. When I say childhood home, I mean we moved in just before I turned 3 and I'm now 21.

Aside from all of the moving around, I plan on being more productive during the summer as well. I'm taking a geology class this summer, but the class is compacted into four weeks instead of the 14-15 weeks that classes normally run here at UMF. I can't be a procrastinator when this class starts, it just won't work.

Aside from work, my geology class, and moving I plan on reading an entire book series and at least part of another one and watch many television shows on Netflix. First I have one book to finish reading and four shows to catch up on. I also have to survive the rest of this semester.

Classes end May 9th with finals the following week. Luckily I have no final tests this semester, only final papers that are due sometime within finals week. Between now and then I have my day-to-day homework, a journal article review, a critical reaction paper, an analysis paper, a rough draft of one final, and the three final papers due as well as a show going up this weekend, a show that I'm helping with next weekend, work, and dance classes. I'm going to be busy until the middle of June so I may not be able to post for a while.

For now, stay shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment